Tuesday 9 April 2019

It's not all bad thank goodness!

Hot on the heels of the 7digital debacle, I'm reporting a successful share sale in a company (to make myself feel better) which is the antithesis of 7digital. The company in question is Scientific Digital Imaging where I've banked a 3-bagger (203% profit to be more precise). I bought shares in SDI in December 2016, and have watched a wonderful success story where the management have done a great job in growing the company both organically and by acquisition. The company is profitable, cash generative and has a strong balance sheet. It's gross margins are very healthy at around 66%. As I said, the opposite of 7digital's fundamentals.

I love this company and believe it has far further to run, but I wanted to release some funds because I believe that there are bargains to be had and others that will materialise in the coming weeks or months. It's always a difficult decision to sell a company if it's performed well and I do believe in running winners, but the reality is that occasionally you need to raise cash for other perceived opportunities and you need to make choices. With SDI the compounding return for me after just 2.25 years was 64% per annum. If only all of my choices could do as well.

In further good news, One Media IP (OMIP) reported very encouraging interims today alongside the acquisition of a music catalogue:-

https://londonstockexchange.com/exchange/news/market-news/market-news-detail/OMIP/14033376.html

https://londonstockexchange.com/exchange/news/market-news/market-news-detail/OMIP/14033329.html

I don't envisage selling any shares in OMIP in the near future. Again it's a great little company with good growth prospects and excellent fundamentals.

As ever DYOR, and listen to nothing I say.

No comments:

Post a Comment