Tuesday 14 June 2016

Volatile times

r1singson - As I'm sure you're well aware, markets are jittery at the moment and Trakm8 is an illiquid stock, expect volatile moves in the share price.

I'd never offer advice because everyone has their own unique set of circumstances.

Personally, I was a very early buyer of Trakm8 shares and I'm more than happy to keep holding for the foreseeable future. The trading statement was issued at the end of April and made for excellent reading. We know revenues and earnings were in line with expectations for the year end March 2016, and that the outlook for the new financial year is encouraging with strong revenue visibility reflecting the strength of their business model. This confidence is underpinned by a maiden 2p dividend. At today's closing price of 191p the current p/e ratio is around 16, and next year's forecast p/e is 11. Hardly expensive for a high growth stock.

As ever, I'll just ignore the noise and volatility and look forward to my dividend payout which represents an approx. 11% return on my original investment and I'm hoping that they may adopt a progressive dividend policy.

Good luck to short term traders, but it's buy and hold for me every time.

2 comments:

  1. I too am sitting tight and looking forward to the market bounceback. Sadly I don't have any cash to invest for a longish term, otherwise I would be contemplating buying at what are probably cheap / low prices. A deposit for a house needs to be kept safely in cash at rubbish returns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephen, it sounds like we're at different life stages and I'd do exactly the same in your situation. Good luck with saving for a deposit, I presume you will make maximum use of a help to buy ISA?

    ReplyDelete