Tuesday 23 August 2011

A doubled dividend works wonders

A very encouraging set of interim results from Densitron this morning. Caught me a little bit by surprise, since I wasn't expecting anything until September.

Revenues have increased by 31% and operating profit by 260%. The Chairman's statement indicates that these results were ahead of internal forecasts and that they are confident of meeting market expectations for the full year (EPS 1.49p) which puts the shares on a forward p/e of less than 8 (share price currently 11.6p). Seems far too low to me. Significantly the interim dividend has been increased 100% to 0.2p. I expect a further payment of 0.3p following the finals giving a yield of 4.3% for the full year.

I like their current focus on organic growth and growing the operating margin. India looks like it might provide a further substantial growth opportunity.

All in all, despite the uncertain global economic outlook and market gyrations, I see no reason to alter my views on my investment in Densitron, and shall enjoy the dividend payments whilst patiently waiting for what I hope will prove to be substantial capital growth in the medium to long term.

Surgical Innovations' share price continues to rise, and the market cap. is now around £50m. As mentioned before I took healthy profits from my investment here, but did I take them too soon? Clearly in the short term the answer is yes, although part of my reason for selling was that I couldn't see it multibagging in such a short period of time again.

The present market cap. is currently more than 7 times last year's revenue with a forward p/e of over 20. The shares look pretty fully valued to me. However, it will be interesting to watch. There is always the possibility of a takeover approach or a huge contract win etc. Besides, as I have often mentioned before in this blog, valuations of growth companies can get very heady indeed. Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment