Friday 13 November 2015

Brief updates on an otherwise quiet day

Today is a pretty quiet day in terms of news that interests me, although I can't help mentioning the pile of absolute rubbish that is the Aim listed DCD Media. Today's trading update says it all really:-

http://uk.advfn.com/news/UKREG/2015/article/69299053

The company should delist immediately since no sane investor is going to put money into this tripe. I won't waste any more time commenting on DCD's history, but amongst other articles that I've written you may find the following blog rather prophetic:-

http://michae1mouse.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/fool-me-once-shame-on-you-fool-me-twice.html

Good riddance to DCD media hopefully. The shares are down 30% today, although in reality they are worthless.

Moving on. It's probably just coincidence, but I notice that two of my holdings have moved in opposite directions today. Avesco is down 3.5% whilst a fairly recent purchase Aeorema is up just over 7%. It briefly crossed my mind that Avesco is a potential suitor for Aeorema which would be quite a bargain at it's current market cap. Anyway, this is just idle musing on my part. Both companies are long term holds for me. Avesco and Aeorema provide a useful income stream. Avesco's  share price is backed by quality assets, Aeorema is debt free. I am hopeful that trading at both organisations will go from strength to strength.

Anybody who missed yesterday's RNS from Trakm8 should note that results will be released on Monday 23rd November. This is a week ahead of last year. In general companies don't rush to put out poor results, and so I am hopeful that Trakm8's results won't disappoint.

Audioboom appears to have reversed it's recent downward trend, and I expect they will issue a trading update in December as they did last year. The shares bounced back by 10% last night and are up a further 3% this morning.

Angle shares are up slightly this morning after a brief dip in price yesterday. The long term price chart from 2011-present looks strong with an uptrend clearly in tact.

1 comment:

  1. Did you see the price gyrations on TTR - ThirtyTwo Red ? It was a textbook example of why you should not have stop loss trades booked with your broker.

    ReplyDelete