Sunday 1 November 2015

For a variety of reasons I'm going to be limiting  any comments I make about my investing to this blog from here on in. Also, I'm going to try and use a diary style approach. As ever, the blog is just my thoughts and views about stocks I own or indeed don't own, and it goes without saying that I'm not offering advice to others.

Friday proved an interesting day for one of my more recent investments. The share price of Audioboom rose a near 30% on Friday. A brief comment in the weekend newspapers suggest that bid rumours are circulating. We shall see. Audioboom has been one of those companies that I've blown a bit hot and cold with in the past, but a recent interview with Rob Proctor (Audioboom's CEO) tempted me to take a stake in the company at prices around 4p. On current fundamentals the market cap. looks a little heady, but hey this is the world of social media. A look at recent deals will tell you that in comparison to the market cap. of some, Audioboom potentially looks many times undervalued. If bid rumours are true then this could get very exciting. For me, I 'm certainly going to be holding on tightly.

Returning to Rob Proctor's interview it would appear that revenues will increase exponentially from here. From memory last reported revenues were a laughable £50,000. It's not so funny now though. He has suggested revenues in October and November will amount to £450,000 - £500,000. This apparently is just the tip of the iceberg. His reasoning is more than plausible since the revenues are dependant on listens and not registered users. Listens are certainly climbing massively with the Cumulus deal and there is far more to come. If Audioboom decide to go it alone then they will need to raise more cash to increase their workforce, so putting myself in Rob Proctor's place, if a bid comes at a very significant premium to Friday's closing price (and I'm talking a big multiple of that price) I'd take it. Interesting days, weeks and months ahead. He might wait a little while longer I suppose because the more he shows revenues escalating, the more chance of an even higher price for the company. Speculative yes, but potentially exciting and rewarding.

Trakm8, a long term holding of mine, announced a major North American contract this week. The share price hit new highs. This company will remain a core holding for me for some time to come, Trakm8's revenues have largely been UK generated to this juncture, more traction overseas sounds very attractive. For traders the chart has hit another breakout point.

A more recent investment is in a company called Aeorema. This is a tiny company in the events sector. However, it's profitable with no debt and paying a great dividend (around 8% at Friday's closing price). The shares go ex-dividend next week on 5th November.

Recent results showed a fall in profits and the share price hasn't moved much yet. However, the results were better than they had previously flagged in a trading statement and I am hoping the profit dip was a blip in their growth trajectory. Interestingly the FCF was significantly better than last year's. I'm hoping for long term capital growth and income from this tiddler. Any price weakness may tempt me to top up further.

No comments:

Post a Comment